Dates: 17-19 October 2014
Venue: Hilton Kuala Lumpur, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Conference website: http://umconference.um.edu.my/apacph2014
The theme for this upcoming conference is “Evolution of Public Health in the Asia Pacific Region”. The conference is expected to be one of the largest ever. This conference objectives are to provide updates on public health challenges in the face of demographic and epidemiological transitions in the Asia Pacific region, to disseminate successful efforts by countries in the region to counter these public health challenges, to provide a regional platform for collaborations aimed at improving competencies in public health practices and to reiterate the Asia Pacific public health fraternity’s stand that access to adequate health care for all is an important component of human rights.
For this conference, Prof Chan Chee Khoon (University of Malaya, Malaysia) has organised a session on 'Migration and Health'.
- Date: 18 October 2014
- Time: 1200-1300
- Venue: Sentral Ballroom A
- Chair: Professor Dr. Chan Chee Khoon, University of Malaya (Malaysia)
- Co-chair: Associate Professor Dr. Saimy Ismail, University of Malaya (Malaysia)
- O7-01: Universal Health Coverage and Migrant Populations' Access to Health Care: Case Studies of Thailand and Malaysia
- Sharuna Elizabeth Verghis, Health Equity Initiatives Malaysia
- O7-02: Foreign-ness and Health Care in Malaysia
- Meghann Ormond, Wageningen University
- O7-03: Health Care Professional vs. Domestic Worker: Recent Policy Debates and Implications for Indonesian Nurses and Care Workers in Japan
- Deborah J. Milly, Virginia Tech University