- Acharyulu, G.V.R.K. & Reddy, B.
Krishna. (2004) ‘Hospital Logistics Strategy for Medical Tourism’, presented at Supply Chain Seminar: An International Conference on Logistics, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, 10-11 June.
- Bennett, Trude (2009) 'Medical Tourism: Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?', Intensive workshop on health systems in transition, University of Malaya, 29-30 April.
- Bennett, Trude (2009) 'Perspectives', Medical Travel Today, 7 August.
- Caballero-Danell, Sara & Mugomba, Chipo (2006) 'Medical tourism and its entrepreneurial opportunities - A conceptual framework for entry into the industry', Tourism and Hospitality Management, Masters thesis no. 2006:91, School of Business, Economics and Law, Goteborg University, Sweden.
- Carrera, Percivil M. & Bridges, John F.P. (2006) 'Globalization and healthcare: Understanding health and medical tourism', Expert Review of Pharmaceutics Outcomes, 6(4): 447-454.
- Connell, John (2006) 'Medical tourism: Sea, sun, sand and... surgery', Tourism Management, 27.
- Cortez, Nathan (2008) 'Patients without borders: The emerging global market for patients and the evolution of modern health care', Indiana Law Journal, 83, SMU Dedman School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper No. 00-24.
- Brooker, Ed & Go, Frank M. (????) ‘Health care tourism – A classic example of disruptive innovation’
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep (2005) 'Does health insurance impede trade in health care services?', World Bank, Policy Research Working Paper WPS3667.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep (2006) 'How health insurance inhibits trade in healthcare', Health Affairs, March/April.
- Milstein, Arthur & Smith, Mark (2007) 'Will the surgical world become flat?', Health Affairs, January/February.
- Herman, Lior. (2009) 'Assessing international trade in health services', ECIPE Working Paper 03/2009.
- Turner, Leigh (2007) 'First world health care at third world prices': Globalization, bioethics and medical tourism', BioSocieties, 2: 303-325.
- Arunanondchai, Jutamas & Fink, Carsten (2007) 'Trade in health services in the ASEAN region', Health Promotion International, 21(S1).
- Chee, Heng Leng (2007) 'Medical Tourism in Malaysia: International Movement of Healthcare Consumers and the Commodification of Healthcare', ARI Working Paper Series, no. 83, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore.
- Chinai, Rupa & Goswami, Rahul (2007) 'Medical visas mark growth of Indian medical tourism', Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 95(3), March.
- Henderson, Joan C. (2003) 'Healthcare tourism in Southeast Asia', Tourism Review International, 7(3-4): 111-121.
- Ono, Mayumi (2008) 'Long-Stay Tourism and International Retirement Migration: Japanese Retirees in Malaysia', Yamashita et al., eds. Transnational Migration in East Asia
Senri Ethnological Reports, 77: 151–162.
- Richman, Barak D., Udayakumar, Krishna, Mitchell, Will & Schulman, Kevin A. (2008) 'Lessons from India in organizational innovation: A tale of two heart hospitals', Health Affairs, 27, no. 5 (2008): 1260-1270.
- Tata, Srinivas (2007) 'Medical travel in Asia and the Pacific: Challenges and Opportunities', United National Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific.
- Yap, Chin Huat Jason (2006) 'Medical Tourism / Medical Travel - Part One' and 'Medical Tourism / Medical Travel - Part Two', SMA News, May and July, 38(5) and 38(7).
- Altman, Stuart H., Shactman, David & Eilat, Efra (2006) 'Could US hospitals go the way of US airlines?', Health Affairs, January/February.
- Jenner, Elizabeth Anne (2008) 'Unsettled borders of care: Medical tourism as a new dimension in America's health care crisis', Research in the Sociology of Health Care, 26: 235-249.
- Milstein, Arthur & Smith, Mark (2006) 'America's new refugees - Seeking afforable surgery offshore', New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 355:1637-1640, 19 Oct.
- Scandlen, Greg(2005) 'Consumer-Driven Health Care: Just A Tweak Or A Revolution?', Health Affairs, November/December.
- Sood, Arun & Cox, Erin (2008) 'Medical tourism: A strategy for containing health care cost increases and immigration pull', Working Papers in Global Studies, 2, September, Center for Global Studies, George Mason University.
- Bertinato, Luigi & Canapero, Marina (2008) 'Health tourism. The growth phenomenon', Asian Hospital and Healthcare Management, Issue 16.
- European Union (2006) 'Position paper on cross-border healthcare'.
- House of Lords (2007) 'Cross-border health services in the European Union - Report with evidence', European Union Committee, 8th Report of Session 2006-2007, HL Paper 48.
- Leidl, Reiner & Rhodes, Grant (1997) 'Cross-border healthcare in the European Union: An introduction', European Journal of Public Health, 7 (3 supplement): 1-3.
- Morgan, Derek (2003) 'Medical tourism: Ethical baggage and legal currencies', Medical Ethics Tomorrow,
, 3 December. United Kingdom
- Pennings, Guido (2004) 'Legal harmonisation and reproductive tourism in Europe', Human Reproduction, 19(12): 2689-2694.
- Ghods, A.J. & Nasrollahzadeh, D. (2005) 'Transplant tourism and the Iranian model of renal transplantation program: ethical considerations', Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, Dec., 3(2): 351-354.
- Kangas, Beth (2002) 'Therapeutic itineraries in a global world: Yemenis and their search for biomedical treatment abroad', Medical Anthropology, 21: 35-78.