- Postgraduate Forum on Medical Tourism, York Management School, University of York, 8 Sept. 2011. Organised by Dr Neil Lunt.
- The Globalisation of Health Care: Legal and Ethical Challenges, Harvard Law School, 20-21 May 2011. Videos from panel discussions entitled 'Services legal in home and destination countries' and 'Services illegal or unavailable in home countries' are available on the conference website.
- 2011 Medical Tourism Research Conference, Washington, D.C., 23-25 Feb. 2011. Programme available on the conference website.
- Bodies Across Borders: The Global Circulation of Body Parts, Medical Tourists and Medical Professionals, Fondation Brocher, Geneva, 15-17 Dec. 2010. Programme available on the conference website.
- 2010 Medical Tourism Research Conference. Programme available on the conference website.
- Transnational Mobilities for Care: State, Market and Family Dynamics in Asia, National University of Singapore, 10-11 Sept. 2009. Click for programme and abstracts.
Tuesday, 26 July 2011
Academic conferences on international medical travel and 'medical tourism':
Thursday, 14 July 2011
It is unclear whether Planet Hospital's pilot project 'Diaspora' was fully launched in 2010. Only a few articles exist online that talk about it - and only in the future tense:
- 'US reforms may boost medical tourism', by Mohammed Cohen for Asia Times Online, 30 March 2010
- 'US medical outsourcing firm to tap Philippine market' by INQUIRER.net, 21 November 2007 - republished by National Competitiveness Council of the Philippines on 12 May 2010
- 'Medical tourism to get boost next year' by Philippine Star, 21 November 2007 - republished by National Competitiveness Council of the Philippines on 12 May 2010