A handful of guidebooks geared to prospective individual medical travellers has been published since 2006. Here are links to them:
- Josef Woodman (2007) Patients Beyond Borders: Everybody’s Guide to Affordable, World-Class Medical Tourism, First edition; Patients Beyond Borders: Everybody’s Guide to Affordable, World-Class Medical Travel, Second edition
- David Hancock (2006) The Complete Medical Tourist: Your Guide to Inexpensive and Safe Cosmetic and Medical Surgery Overseas
- Jeff Shult (2006) Beauty from Afar: A Medical Tourist’s Guide to Afforable and Quality Cosmetic Care Outside the US
- Paul Gahlinger (2008) The Medical Tourism Travel Guide: Your Complete Reference to Top-Quality, Low-Cost Dental, Cosmetic and Medical Care Overseas
- Frances Sharpe and Patrick W. Marsek (2009) The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Medical Tourism (Soon to be released)
The Patients Beyond Borders guide has now launched a series of country-specific and medical condition-specific editions. It is already starting to publish institution-specific profiles as well.
Singapore (1st and 2nd editions, available in English and Arabic) Taiwan South Korea Malaysia